- If you opt for an artificial tree, be sure it has a flame retardant label or certification. If you’re picking out a live tree, forgo the one with brownish needles that are falling out – it’s too dry. Instead choose one with fresh, green needles that don’t fall out even when you shake the limb.
- Place your live tree in water as soon as possible, using about a quart of water per each inch of stem
diameter. Before you do, however, make a fresh cut from the stem bottom – straight across – to help the tree get water. Replenish the water regularly.
- Situate the tree so you can still access the exits in the room, and keep it at least 3 feet away from open flames or heat sources, such as your fireplace or radiator.
- Now it’s time for the best part – trimming the tree. Choose lights and other decorations labeled as flame retardant, and make sure your lights don’t have frayed or worn wires. Leaving the house or going to sleep? Be sure to unplug those lights.
- It’s always a chore – and somewhat of a bummer – to take down the tree each year, but do so sooner rather than later, especially with a live tree.
Otherwise you prolong your risk of a fire. Check for tree recycling options in your area for responsible disposal.
No matter if you trim your tree with popcorn or with
heirloom ornaments, we hope it brings the magic of the
season alive for you and your loved ones this year. Happy holidays from all of us at Glazer Property & Casualty!
At Glazer P&C, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage
affordable. Just give us a call at 972-385-0933 or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
|Refer A Friend
At Glazer P&C we truly value having you as a client. If you know anyone who needs an insurance review, and is looking to shop the market, Please send them our way!
Your referrals are greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your trust in us.
View the Next Monthly Tip